Summary of an exchange on the possible architecture choices for the component.
- It’s a single HTML files loaded from wp-admin of the individual blog.
- The same single HTML file can be included “as-is” as the core of a Chrome (Safari/Firefox) extension we might release, in a way that gets extended.
- That HTML is loaded by the Bookmarklet from the installed WP.org (yourdomain.com/wp-admin/js/press-this-bookmarklet.html, loading JS and CSS too).
- Each bookmarklet is auto-generated from each blog, pointing to that specific instance of the JS.
- The Extension instead is “multi-blog” enabled, thus the UI needs to allow for that flexibility, and will also store locally the data on external blogs.